Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 Specifications
Document Viewer, Kingsoft Office
Speed Dialing, Loudspeaker
Canvas 2.2 A114
Dual Sim, GSM + WCDMA
Yes, 1920 x 1080
Secondary Camera Features
HD, Full HD
Yes, 8 MP
Front Facing Camera
Yes, 2 MP
Primary Camera Features
Flash Support, Auto Focus, Zoom Level - 4x, Brightness Level - 3, Multi Shot, Night Mode, Camera Sensor Settings
Yes, Supports 3GP, MP4, Full HD
Yes, Supports MIDI, MP3, WAV
Yes, with Recording
Android, Opera Mini, WAP, Chrome
Yes, v4, Supported Profiles (AVRCP, DUN, OPP, FTP, A2DP)
2 Pin Charger
with Google Maps
Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
Yes, Class 12
Yes, micro USB
USB, Wi-fi Hotspot
G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Phone Book Memory
MLive, Spull, Hike, Misecurity, Bubble X Slice, Game Hub, Gmail, Google, SMS Chat, Dancing Bubbles, MI Life
Others, 960 x 540 Pixels
Other Display Features
Pinch Zoom, Multi-touch, IPS Display
7 hrs (2G)
290 hrs (2G)
Li-Ion, 2000 mAh
microSD, upto 32 GB
1 GB RAM, 4 GB ROM
GSM - 850, 900, 1800, 1900; UMTS - 2100
Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
1.3 GHz + MT6582M, Quad Core
Multimedia & Entertainment
Yes, MP3, MIDI, WAV
Yes, 3GP, MP4, Full HD
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Li-Ion 2000 mAh
: 1 GB
: Digital Zoom - 4x
: 7 hrs (2G)
: 1 Year
Items In The Box
: Battery, Main Unit
FM Radio With FM Recording
Audio: MP3, MIDI, AAC, AMR, WAVVideo: 3GP, MP4
14.5 x 7.3 x 0.97 cm
White Keypad Backlight, Speakerphone, User Profiles With Renaming, All Country Languages Support, Predictive Text, Mobile Tracker, Incoming Call Blacklist, World Clock, Auto Power On/Off, Voice Recognizing, Power Saver
3.5 mm Headphone Jack
1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
Wireless Communication Technologies
Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot
4.0 out of 5 stars 1,190 customer reviews
Best Sellers Rank
#85,974 in Electronics (See top 100) #1867 in Electronics > Mobiles & Tablets > Smartphones & Basic Mobiles > Smartphones
Date First Available
19 December 2013
Between good and great
I decided to buy a android phone to use whatsapp, facebook, gaming and browsing. I was determined not to replace my nokia asha which I am using for voice calls. So I was only looking for a phone to use for the other purposes. Accordingly I identified my priorities that the phone should have a good and large display, sufficient processing and memory capabilities and price should be around 6000. I was considering huweai honor holly and remi 1s. But I was in a dilemma. Suddenly I noticed a price drop for the micromax canvas 2.2 a114. From 7350, it dropped to 6600. A phone which was not under my consideration, unexpectedly entered into my choice list. I went through hundreds of user reviews and several youtube reviews. All were positive. Interestingly they have written their reviews when the model was sold for over 10000. So buying it for 6500 was a easy decision for me. But I was still a bit apprehensive about the brand micromax. Finally received it last week. With lot of hesitation, I started using the mobile after installing few games and activating 3g. Now my feeling about it is "Oh my god! such a great mobile for the money I paid". Simply awesome. I am impressed for the following reasons+.Phone came with company seal and 100 % fresh product. I was fearing about receiving a returned phone.+ Price Rs 6500+ Amazing display though it has only qhd, now I feel that for a 5 inch screen size, HD would be unnecessary. May be for 5.5 or above hd would be useful.+ No lag for any operation, whether it is for gaming or browsing or menu selections, it is simply flawless+ Sleek and weightless+ Good viewing anglesNow some of the issues which are not so impressive:- Phone looks fragile, without proper flip cover it is risky to handle the phone+- Battery is neither too good nor too bad, just average- Audio quality on the speaker as well as on the head phone is also average- Glassy back cover easily attracts finger prints and dust- No kitkat update so farBut I have already ordered for a good flip cover. So the 1st and 4 th points are solved. Since I have my nokia asha for making calls, I don't have to bother about the battery back up. Even the audio is not important for me. Overall I am satisfied that I bought mobile at 6500 which met my expectations. Now the price has dropped even on flipkart. So if your planning to buy a phone around 6500, go for it.
A decent phone it is price range, but went kaput in a month...
By S. Venkateshon
I got a good deal for this phone almost 50% discount from its MRP. Bought this for my friend's dad who is overall very happy with the phone, but is complaining about the battery backup. Battery does not seem to last for a full day. No complaints other than this.Update after about one and a half month's usage:After hardly a month's usage by my uncle, whose usage is minimal and which is the main reason for going with this phone, the display of the phone went kaput. I have been using other brand phones for a very long time and never had any issues until after 1 year. This time I wanted to try my hands on Micromax which this turned out to be a very big mistake. Adding to the owes is the phone was a gift and it caused utmost embarrassment.So, more than anything, it is all about the contacts, data, etc. instead of buying these el cheapo products and going back and forth to the service centre, it is better to shed some more bucks and stay with good brands.
Good phone with good features at reasonable price.
By Ganesh Von
The phone is pretty good. with the given price and the features present, I wud say its worth every penny! So far the only trouble it had given me is in the power button. had to replace it for 400/-. I cudnt find any micromax service centre, so had to be done in a local shop, but the switch is still not working properly. 8MP main cam shoots reasonably well, but not very good for fast actions, or for that matter, unless properly focused, it gives blur images. The 2MP main cam, shoots average quality images. U can say the images OK. One issue I faced while downloading apps is that, it downloads to the phone memory and then we have to move it to the SD card. Even though I changed the option to download to SD card, the download happens to the phone memory. Battery life is decent, without GPS and navigation. well, i guess its the same for all smart phones! with reasonable 3G usage and calls alone, we can get almost 20hrs in one full charge!its almost a 16months I have bought my phone, it does get slow sometimes, not frequently though. and camera is not exactly a GOOD one; but reasonable. Phone call's quality is also good, the audio is good, video playback is good. Actually, the Videos taken is very good, with good sound. I had sometimes found the screen unresponsive in some places, but later on, recovered magically! sometimes, typing has been difficult, as the letters typed in was the next one! And so far no updates on the OS either!All the apps open up at decent times, I dont have to wait for them to come up!overall, not a perfect extremely great phone; but a decent phone with quad core processor and 1 Gb RAM, with 2 cams and 5" screen and good features under 10K price tag!
Works as advertised. Period.
By Aprotim M.on
Bought it during the Diwali dhamaka for around 7,000. Had a lot of apprehensions since this was more of an impulse buy - the specs seemed too good to be true. Well, 2 weeks in and I have had absolutely no issues apart from some minor ones - the sound clarity is not that great (earphones are totally meh..) and the ringtones are absolute crap. Also, it is too big too comfortably operate with one hand but that probably should be expected with a 5 incher. Everything else - butter smooth, no instances of lags / hanging. The camera is actually pretty good, and though the resolution is lower it looks perfectly fine for normal usage. Seriously, I don't think any other phone in this price range comes close.Do note that Micromax is not known for its customer service, so if you get unlucky and damage your piece a lot of pain is going to follow. Personally, I am hoping this phone lasts for at least a year so that I can consider it a total bargain. I will surely be keeping an eye out for Micromax bargains like this in future too!
By Best phone everon
I bought this phone on Oct 17,,at rs7567. my review for a114 is 10 out of 10,,,first the 8 megapixel camera is just awesome,,,it support otg m currently playing Asphalt 8 with controller on this device,,,awesome gaming performance phone I ever seen in this price range,,,antutu benchmark score 17000,,means its better than nexus and Samsung grand 2 n many other phones,,,,n the biggest plus point is that lots of ROMs r available at xda currently I installed s5 ROM on it experiencing s5 with air gesture n smart pause support superb fone go for it frndz its just awesome
1 dum. Kadak
Jordar chale yr
By Sai chandra sekharon
perfect phone, good for everyday use.
Not so good
Not so good n value for money battery life is very less
Its a great phone if you use phone a lot. No hanging problem, support big games as well.
By Vikas prateekon
I bought this phone from local market for 10,600 on 26th march and I waited for 3 weeks before giving review so that I can give an appropriate one
So lets start with pros:-
1.) The best thing about this phone is performence. It has a 1.3 GHz mediatek mt6582m quad core chipset with mali-400mp. It's antutu( a benchmarking platform) score is over 17000 which is higher than all other micromax devices and even better than phones like HTC one x, Samsung s3,nexus4.
2.)The 5" screen is amazing Although it is not having hd resolution but still the colour reproduction is amazing and natural plus the viewing angles are also great.
3.)looks-- although micromax is not very famous for looks but I find this one looking better than other micromax phones.
A word of advice if you buy off internet by the white one because you may think that the black one may look better because that is what I thought but when the shopkeeper showed me both I chose the white one as it looked better.
4.)form factor-- this phone has a great form factor it is built in such a way that it is very handy. This is by far the most handy 5 inch phone that I have used.
5.)camera-- only idiots say things like 8mp micromax Camera equals 5mp Samsung camera. This is absolute Bullshit I have used both 8mp Camera phones and picture quality is equal and hence you can only not like camera if you want 12-13mp for which you have to shell more money
Neither pros nor cons:-
1.) battery on all android phone socks off you have an android phone you will have to charge it everyday so this can't be counted as this device's con
2.)540p resolution I don't consider this as a con because there is no noticeable difference with a 720p screen
The only con--when you charge your phone it won't go beyond 99% no matter what but if you switch the phone after some time say about leaving it on charge for 20 minutes after it shows 99% then on disconnecting it will show it is charged. There is no problem with the battery it is just a software issue and can be ignored
So my verdict is that grab the phone a as soon as you can and don't forget to rate my review as useful if you found it so
Thanks Flipkart for making Christmas Special !!
By Clint Fernandeson
Firstly let me thank Flip-Kart for delivering the Phone on 25th Dec when I had placed the Order on 23rd evening even tough the site mentioned "no Deliveries for 25th Dec".
It was a Surprise Gift for my Dad and I was expecting it to arrive on 26th, however I was even more Surprised than my Dad when it arrived on Christmas! Made it Special, thanks FlipKart.
Now about the Phone :
This phone is an Awesome piece of technology...
1.Screen is huge & and display is amazing. (which helps for elderly folks getting used to a smart phone, like my dad)
2.Touch is good,
3.Build quality is really good and the phone looks elegant (which is why I hate to see it in a cover)
1.Camera is decent compared to other phones in the market (not really a con).
2.Speaker is not that loud.
Conclusion : Overall I would definitely recommend this product, if you like a Phone with a huge display look no further. Worth every penny !!
A Great Product,Best Features and minor Cons ....!!!!
By Sahil patnion
i have purchased this product from thanks to ws retail only they deliver to my location and also in just 1.5 days now to the mobile phone when i opened the box found nothing extra like flip cover screen guard but for the price the phone was awsome here are some pros and cons
1)nice display but screen resolution could have been better
2)nice call quality the incall speaker is loud than other nice
3) the new chipset mt6582 is just made for gaming the mt6589t is clocked at 357mhz i.e used in canvas magnus but this is clocked at 412mhz i have confirmed it
4)camera is decent but not that good
5)performance is really really smooth like as jelly free ram is also much due to qhd diaplay
6)customised android interface
7) launcher is also bit different then that regular launcher in other handsets
1) light sensor does not works
2)the back and front aatracts dust all the time
3)as regular cheap quality headsets with all micromax phone
4)battery backup is not good but it will last 1 day with normal usage
Micromax A114 Canvas 2.2 Frank Review (Phone used and then reviewed)
By Shishir Paunikaron
I purchased this product a week ago form my local store in the Exchange for my previous Lenovo A850, which i had to exchange unfortunately because of the broken screen (repairing was costing a lot, it was better to get a new one in that price in exchange). I have written a review in Lenovo A850 thread if you want to confirm. Anyways, regarding the phone, I am really very satisfied with this purchase, i do not regret not repairing my previous one at all.
The pros and cons are as follows:
1) The device looks premium. I have the black variant, which on the front looks pretty cool when the capacitive buttons lights goes off (however not as cool as an OGS panel). There is a glossy back cover which people might like (i personally prefer matte finish), but is a foolproof fingerprint magnet.
2) The built quality can be a bit unsatisfactory, please note I am saying this because the power and volume rocker buttons move back and forth a bit, but still the device does feel premium in hand considering the overall built. There are 3 capacitive touch buttons which register the input well and lights up during function.
3) The screen is 5 inches, which according to me is the most preferable size of screen for usage. It boasts a resolution of 540 x 960 ~220ppi pixel density, which is satisfactory, however it would have been better if Micromax had provided 720p resolution.
4) Mediatek MT6582M (Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7) performs exceptionally well. It scores above 17000 in Antutu and around 6000 in Quadrant and gives a good 57fps in Nenamark2, which is quite impressive considering the price range.
5) GPU is Mali-400MP2 which is certainly better than Power VR SGX544 which is almost in all local Mediatek powered phones.
6) Gaming is very good on this phone, I have tested Asphalt 8, Real racing 3, GT racing 2 and frontline commando 2 on this myself and all of them run exceptionally well, no lag at all.
6) RAM is 1 GB out of which you get 972 MB usable which is excellent. There is well more than 600 MB RAM initially for operations.
7) The phone is dual SIM, some people might find this feature useful.
8) It has a notification LED, however it only displays 2 colors - red and green.
9) Internal memory is 4GB, Of which internal storage 1.42GB is allocated as phone storage (1.2GB free) and 1GB as internal storage. Memory can be expanded upto 32GB via SD card. However, please note, you can move all you application to SD card and you can even set your SD card as you primary internal storage option onto which all of the big apps will directly be downloaded to your SD card, so no fear of small storage inspite of having just 4 GB internal memory.
10) Comes with Android 4.2.2 Installed, and there are high chances that it might receive KitKat update in the near future (according to the info leaked on the Google)
11) Primary camera is 8MP and secondary camera is 2MP, which performs fairly decently and can record videos at 1080p at 30fps. Though you can't expect too much in this price bracket.
12) Pricing is very decent.
1) Battery is 2000mah, which is pretty decent but not excellent. Micromax should have provided atleast around 2250mah battery, but nonetheless it still gives me a good 24 hours of battery life with 3G always on and mild - moderate usage. Should definitely last u through workday hours i.e from morning 10 to evening 8 or something with moderate usage. Ultimately this depends on user to user.
2) The speaker at times gets covered by surfaces and blocks the sound. I would blame the design of the phones for this.
3) Its fairly long time since 4.3 has released Micromax should give it out to its customers now. This should have come with it. I hope all phones do really get KitKat update, it will further improve the performance drastically.
1) Speaker quality is not upto the mark. The loudness and clarity, both are unsatisfactory.
2) In call clarity is though good, the loudness is not upto the mark.
3) The music quality is extremely bad. I can't feel the damn bass at all. Not at all happy with this point. I am really surprised that even with my Ajays 2 the music quality is bad, I can't imagine the quality with stock headphones. I haven't even bothered to test them.
4) No Gorilla glass.
A nice tight budget phone with hefty performance your money can buy. It has all the qualities to be in your hand if thats your budget, however it could have been a complete package with the battery given a bit more and rectifying those flaws i mentioned. Hardcore music enthusiasts, please look elsewhere (I am very unsatisfied with this point myself).
By Debabrata Sarkaron
phone restart automatically when turn on wify sometime so request for return, except this the product is good.
This mobile phone has good features
Good very nice
Ok but not better
It's very nice product
It's very nice product to use it. It's is worthy
Not good phone
Not good phone