Micromax Canvas A1 Specifications
Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots),32 - 48 kbps
In Sales Package
HandsetUSB CableChargerUser GuideWarranty CardBatterHandsfree
Up to 160 h
Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat)
* Proximity Sensor* Light Sensor
Yes,via Java MIDP emulator
Up to 6 h
Other Camera Features
* Geo-Tagging* Touch Focus* Face Detection
Phone Book Memory
GSM : 900/1800/850/1900MHz
WCDMA : 850/2100MH
7 Days Replacement Policy - Product replacement is accepted by seller within 7 days of product delivery only in case a wrong or damaged product has been delivered Cancellation allowed.
1 year manufacturer warranty for Phone and 6 months warranty for in the box accessories
Android v4.4 (KitKat)
At the Head - 0.24 W/Kg; At the Body - 0.93 W/Kg
Hike, ASKME, M! Live, Gmail, YouTube, Translate, Hangouts, Search, Google Now
ANDROID KITKAT 4.4.4
Number Of Sim
Headset, Battery, Charger, Screen protector, and User Manual
Multimedia & Entertainment
with Google Maps
: Up to 6 Hours(2G)
: Handset, Charger, User Manual
Wireless Communication Technologies
Best Sellers Rank
#1,270 in Electronics (See top 100) #145 in Electronics > Mobiles & Tablets > Smartphones & Basic Mobiles > Smartphones
Date First Available
8 September 2014
Canvas A1 Android One
11.43 cm (4.5)
5 MP Primary Camera
By ADITYA VERMAon
Micromax officially Launched this phone on amazon.I bought this phone from flipkart because i had vouchers else i would have bought it from amazon coz it's the official seller of micromax android one.
Talking about the phone, well its's pretty amazing. Its brilliantly fast no wonder google made android one for low end devices like this keeping optimization in mind.
-Few Facts about the phone
1. Android One is google's project for low end smartphones.
2. So google will release all the latest softwares for the same. It will get Android 5 soon!
3. The optimization of this phone is quite good. The ram management is pretty
brilliant. Out of 960 mb only 320 mb is consumed for OS and other google background
apps. Rest 643 mb is free. Afterall it has stock android kitkat.
1. BATTERY- life is good even though its has 1700 mAH battery. The phone runs full day on single full charge. I use phone for gaming, browsing, social networking etc.
2. GAMING- It has got mali 400 GPU. The same GPU what galaxy s3 has. So all games
runs smoothly with zero lag. I tried asphalt 8, GT racing 2, N.O.V.A 3.
3. Well camera is decent. At this price range dont expect much.
4. The good thing is u will get latest software updates from google. Soon google will start rolling out android 5 update for this phone aswell.
5. 2.1 gb free storage for apps. Apps are transferable to sd card.
6. No heating issue whatsoever.
7. It has got a sharp 4.5 inch display. Viewing angles are good.
8. No OTG support. That's a minus point.
By Hemant Sharmaon
1. Awesome Product Design
2. Software performance
3. Satisfactory Camera (May be somebody will disagree with me..but you can't except a DSLR like quality from a phone).
4. Awesome Display
5. Awesome Pre-installed Apps
1. When you remove the back cover you can find there just some tape (looks like black tape) under the power & volume switch..
2. Battery (I've fully charge it by night at the end of noon it' reduce to 48%, may be my fault..I don't know)..I think all android one developers (Micromax, spice, karbon) have to concentrate on it..
3. sometime heats ups...
A Very Good Budget Phone
By Sandip Mondalon
I bought this phone from flipkart and using it happily.
So, First of all you have to keep in mind that this phone is Google's front end budget phone 'Android One' which comes from three manufacturer namely Micromax, Karbonn and Spice. I bought the Micromax Canvas A1 though there is absolutely no difference among these three android one devices. This phone comes with stock Android Kitkat 4.4.4 which is upgradable to next versions of android OS. 'Stock Android' means pure Android which does not come with any third party GUI and apps. Only Google's official apps are there. And the users will get a pure android UI experience.
Second, I want to mention the pros of this phone. This phone is absolutely amazing with its specification and performance compared to other phones in this price range.
1. This phone looks nice, Its slim and sexy. :)
2. This phone is very smooth and super fast. There is no lag during playing games like Asphalt 8 Airborne, Fifa14 etc. This phone gives you even better experience than Moto G because I used both phones.
3. The ram management of this phone is very good and as this is a stock android the ram is not wasted for the third party UI.
4. Over 2 GB space is there in the phone for installing apps only.
5. The camera is very impressive. You will get a 5mp camera with 2.4 mp front camera. The camera has auto focus technique and some features like lens blur and photosphere. These features are very interesting. In this price range you cannot expect more than this.
6. As I said earlier, you can upgrade to next versions of Android OS.
7. There is no heating issue.
Third, now I want to mention some cons of this phone. As this phone comes with stock Android there are some unavoidable steps for the users after buying the phone. This may seem a little bit weird to the general users.
1. There is no file explorer in this phone. So you have to download a file explorer like ES file explorer at first.
2. You cannot take photo or share anything without a memory card. Because you cannot store anything in the phone memory. The phone memory is reserved for installing apps only.
3. You cannot share .apk files over bluetooth.
4. If you want to share your internet through the wifi from your PC or Laptops by some wifi hotspot apps, you can't connect to it from your phone for some security issues. However, you can share your internet through wifi router.
5. The battery is 1700 mah, So, it is not enough for a full day. You will get 10-12 hrs of backup for normal use from a 100% charged battery.
But, still I will say that this is a very good phone at this price range. You can't get better than this.
By Ankur Dhimanon
After using it for 5 Days!
1.Excellent built quality
2.Got almost all sensors including gyro.
3.Pure google experience
3.Good sound quality but headphone sucks
5.Incredibly powerful(can play almost every single app and game available on the market)
6.Decent enough camera quality.
7.Brand name is google when we go through the details and micromax is the manufacturer.
8.2 years guranteed update from google!
9.Kitkat experience feels so good. okay google command works awesomely!
10.Antutu benchmark of 18867 is good enough and you are getting 500 mb free ram even after installing 20!
My suggestion, just go for it without any second thought! It is a nice phone with premium quality features and built!
better phone micromax canvas a1
By Munaswamy macherlaon
1) this is the best micromax mobile in low end smartphone market
2) It's design is simple and nice and provides good grip to hold.
3)Regular updates will fascinate the user for almost 2 years.
4) This Is the cheapest phone to get Android L. 5) Applications are opening even faster than my Moto G.
6) Its sound clearity is awesome and is loud and clear. 7) its front camera (2 mp) is nice and even better than its rear camera.pic are coming out clear and sharp.
Very good. ..... excellent
Long lasting phone
By Long lasting phoneon
Not fully satisfied
Micromax is not gud brand
Great phone even after 2 years of use
By Amazon Customeron
Using this phone from past 2 years (bought in September 2014)Pros :Got 2 years update from google as promised. When I got this phone it was running on kitkat and now its on marshmallow 6.0.1.Low pricedecent battery lifeStill working smoothCons:Low internal storage memory
So Good As GOod
Android One is Google’s big hope to get millions of unconnected Indians hooked to its ecosystem and to start off, we have three Android One devices, which have identical specs and software (with a few exclusive apps), but differ on design. That’s the only difference besides the small discounts being offered on the Rs 6,499 price. We were particularly interested in seeing the Micromax Canvas A1 and here’s what we found out when we got our hands on it.Design and buildI have no qualms in claiming that this is the best phone Micromax has put together. It’s not a high-end specs monster, or branded as a gold phone, but the Canvas A1 feels leagues ahead of any other Micromax phone we have seen. The rubberised removable back feels smooth to the touch and adds to the solid feel. The dark chrome trim around the front is suitably reserved but shines in the right light, while the minimalist front evokes the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the first Nexus phone to eschew physical buttons. The Canvas A1 has a nice heft even though it’s not heavy or chunky by any means.The back of the phone features a metallic bump on the top, similar to the Nokia PureView bump, but that doesn’t mean the camera is comparable (more on that later). We really like the brushed aluminium look of the camera bump, and it adds some reserved flair to the otherwise plain black handset. So plain in fact that the only branding is the chrome Micromax logo and a lowercase Android One emblazoned on the bottom beneath the circular cut-out for the speakers. The Canvas A1 is also available in the relatively more garish white and gold colours. We prefer the black one by a lot.The front has a similar cut-out for the phone receiver and a camera next to it. The hardware buttons are bunched on the right side. The gloss black buttons are rather flat, but offer good tactile feedback. The volume rocker features a dimple in the centre to indicate the + and – sides. The 3.5mm jack is up top, with the USB port and a noise-cancellation mic on the bottom.DisplayWith a 4.5-inch WVGA display, we had low expectations about the Android One series, but if the other two phones are anything like the Canvas A1, there’s no reason to be worried. Yes, one could complain that it’s not a qHD or 720p panel, but that’s not the intention of this first batch of Android One devices. The display on the Canvas A1 is more than serviceable. It looks bright, colours pack a punch without going overboard, with good viewing angles. It’s not the crispest in the world, but we don’t mind it.The glass on the display though is something of a pain to keep clean. Perhaps Micromax should supply a micro-fibre cloth with the unit. It’s quite bad.PerformanceAs budget handsets go, the A1 sets a high benchmark for performance, surpassing the Moto E quite comfortably. We think this is one of the biggest benefits of Android One and it really shines on the Canvas A1. HD games were not an issue and we rarely found the phone staggering. At times we found the recent apps screen would be slow to come up, but it only happened once or twice. There were no big stumbles.The Canvas A1 has surprisingly good audio chops even though there’s just the one speaker on the back. The speaker is round in shape like the Nexus 5 earpiece, and gets loud enough to fill up a room. It does get slightly muffled when the phone is face up.FeaturesAs this is stock Android, it comes with all the bells and whistles from Google’s core ecosystem for the OS. Chrome is the default browser; Keep is pre-installed, as is the Google Play suite of apps. However, it would seem Google has allowed the vendor to add some more apps besides the stock Google apps. The Canvas A1 comes with Amazon, Askme, Hike and MLive applications pre-installed. They were the first apps we disabled, and they disappeared from the app drawer. We won’t go into too much detail about stock Android.The biggest drawback with the Android One devices right now is that you cannot use the camera without an external microSD card. While Micromax and Karbonn are bundling 8GB cards with their Android One phone, Spice does not and it would be extra expense for the user. This limitation is crippling, if you are not interested in buying a card, and sort of forces the user to buy one. We think it’s a terrible move, and one we hope is sorted out through in a future update, possibly Android L.CameraThis could be the biggest letdown in the phone that has all the right ingredients. Don’t get us wrong, the camera is quite good for the price tag, but we just wish it were better. The app is the Google Camera app so you get all the bells and whistles such as Lens Blur, Photospheres, Panoramas, along with HDR mode, exposure adjustment, WB adjustment and more. This is a lot of settings in a phone that retails for under Rs 5,500.The camera captures images fast, but needs the right light for crisp shots. Most shots showed noise even when you zoom in on the handset, so they will look worse on the PC. To our mind though, most people using the Canvas A1 won’t be printing their pictures, but only sharing them on Instagram or FacebookVerdictI think the Micromax Canvas A1 is the best smartphone made by the company. It is dwarfed by the specs of the Canvas Knight or the Canvas Nitro, but is actually a way better overall experience in terms of usability, stability, and longevity. In fact, it looks way more expensive and sophisticated than its price suggests. It’s also great value thanks to the price, while the promised updates from Google are the cherry on top. The only drawbacks are the camera, which is not terrible, but could be better, while the smudgesIt’s also a vindication of the notion that stock Android is the best form of Android. Customisations are great but not at the cost of user experience. It’s a sure recommendation in the budget category over the likes of the Moto E and the Xiaomi Redmi 1s, and if you are looking for a budget smartphone this winter, look no further.
Superb Phone & Average battery backup.
By Aniket Chauhanon
I'm a student and I needed a budget phone with good specs and this phone totally met my need.All high end games like Asphalt 8 and GTA:San Andreas are working fine, without any lag.Multi-tasking is also great.But the biggest let down and is battery backup.I'm a heavy user and I drained the battery of phone from 100% to 15% in about 4 hours. 3G was on, wi-fi was on.I was playing two games simultaneously and facebook and WhatsApp were running in the background.Surviving all of it, battery stayed charged for 4 hours.But according to the usage I made, I think battery is average.But it also takes very long to get fully charged.Otherwise the phone is great.And thanks to Amazon for delivering the phone in 3 days on Standard delivery in a rural area.This review was written using Micromax Canvas A1.
It was big SCAM need to be exposed
By Hitesh Kumaron
Android One were very good featured phones but I think there is a hidden scam behind this phone which is it becomes dead while updating or upgrading to next release. On reboot its screen stuck at animated logo screen and never go beyond that. Its my experience with not only this phone but I personally purchased not one not two but 7 such phones also recommend a dozen of friends for the same and all from Karbonn as well as Micromax and each one of them without any exception dies with same symptom.Service centers says that they cannot fix it and only solution left is changing of entire motherboard which costs around 2K to 3K and more then a month of time at service center...I think with good features and low cost these vendors lure a and targeted big market and made them suddenly die... What a scam... It need to be exposed...
Android One - Amazing One
By Arjun Dason
I have been using this phone for the last 6 months. This is one of the best phones I have ever laid my hands on. OS response is really fast and the occurrence of lagging is very infrequent. Gaming experience is quite good. Even I have been able to upgrade my Kitkat OS to Android's latest version Lollipop without any hitch. Screen resolution is also quite good. But, the major problem area is its battery life. On 3G networks it lasts hardly for 8-9 hrs. Even on 2G improvement is not worth enough. Another major problem that I noticed till now is that it, some times, does not detect bluetooth headsets at all. As a result I am not able to use my Phillips Bluetooth headset. Its really bad.Over all I would give it 4 out of 5.
By Pradeep Kumaron
Good nice very good
Very good. ..... excellent
Long lasting phone
By Long lasting phoneon