Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 8th Gen - (16GB/1 TB HD.. Specifications
Laptop, Battery, Power Adaptor, User Guide, Warranty Documents
Predator Helios 300
Gaming, Processing & Multitasking
Upto 7 hours
180 W AC Adapter
Ms Office Provided
Dedicated Graphic Memory Type
Dedicated Graphic Memory Capacity
2.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Upto 4 GHz
Upto 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060
Number Of Cores
Windows 10 Home
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB Type C
1 x HDMI Port (v2.0)
Multi Card Slot
SD Card Reader
39.62 cm (15.6 inch)
1920 x 1080 Pixel
Full HD LED Backlit IPS Display (With 144 Hz Refresh Rate)
Built-in Dual Speakers
Stereo Speakers, Acer TrueHarmony Plus Technology, Optimized Dolby Audio Premium Sound Enhancement
Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN Ready
390 x 266 x 26.8 mm
HD 720P Webcam
Kensington Lock Slot
FineTip Backlit Keyboard with Independent Standard Numeric Keypad
Multi Gesture Touchpad
Acer Care Center, Acer Configuration Manager, Acer Quick Access, PredatorSense
3220 mAh Li-ion Battery
Good quality product
By Amit Maharanaon
Bought it at 70k.
This is a 60Hz display model not to be confused with the international version (144Hz).
I would have preferred a longer battery backup.
All in all a good purchase.
Update: For people complaining about heating issues/thermal throttling. Just do some research and underclock the processor (-0.140V works for me).
By Manish Kumaron
Decent specs for a decent price.
1. Good build quality and finish.
2. Good performance.
3. Screen is 60hz but its an ips display so colours are nice and accurate. Brightness is good too for indoors.
4. keyboard is backlit,only red lighting though. When connected to power supply backlight is always on. looks good.
5. speakers are decent. headphone jack gives you the options to select from aux,headphone,mic,etc. supports Dolby digital.
6. Those who are saying about right click lag is true,but after windows update and latest Nvidia drivers the lag is gone.
7. Battery backup is average. but it's a gaming laptop,so I'm not concerned too much as while gaming you've to be connected to power supply anyways.
8. It's a short time review. I'll add few things after using it for few weeks.
9. package seal was broken,maybe to change the power adaptor. Inner seal was intact.
10. Flipkart's packaging was not up to the mark this time as you can see in the pic.
All in all, I'm pleased with the product. I've to test it further for more pros n cons.
Best in the market!
By Nishant ghatgeon
The Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 comes with an 8th generation Core-i5 CPU (83000H) which is about 20% more powerful than the previous 7th generation i7(7700H) . This is a really powerful CPU and will be able to push performances to its limits. Well what I will recommend is try core undervolting to bring down temperatures, improve performance and increase battery life.
The GPU is also super powerful. You get a GTX 1060 6GB with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM which will run most of the latest AAA titles at High-Ultra settings. The graphics card is also overclock-able to give you even more performance if you wish to use it.
The standard model has 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, with capabilities to upgrade it to 32GB if you wanted to. 16GB will be more than enough for gaming, unless you want to use it for other tasks like designing etc. It has one stick of 16gb so easy to add another 16 GB stick.
The screen on the 2018 Acer Predator Helios 300 is the major talking point.Even though it doesn't has a 144hz screen still the 60hz screen is very nice for a budget gaming laptop.It does not have G-sync. But overall experience is very pleasant and crisp.
Now the performance is excellent so you’ll need a lot of power to keep this thing going, but unfortunately the battery is only 48wh. This is quite small for such a powerful machine and you can expect a maximum of 4 hours for light work like browsing, movies etc. For gaming it will be much less so it’s best to keep it plugged in. Battery charging time is around 2-2.5 hours and the good thing is you get a 19.5 V*9.23 A =180 watt charger (SURPRISED) that keeps your laptop well charged during gaming or high load.
The keyboard is nothing too spectacular in terms of uniqueness, but it has a good rubber feel to it that makes it comfortable. The only thing that you will need to get used to, nothing big, is the shift key’s position that sits right next to the up arrow-key. I would personally love a different power button key rather than including it in keypad.
The track-pad is using Windows precision drivers which has good gestures and tracking with build in buttons. They can feel a little stiff at first.
On the Acer Helios 300 the sound is not very crisp when you turn it up all the way and does not come with a built-in sub woofer. If you want the maximum gaming experience, remember to hop on your headphones.
You get a good port selection with all the usual ports that you’ll need to game and work comfortably on the go. The main missing feature is the fact that it’s USB Type-C port doesn’t have thunderbolt 3 support. This is not really an issue if you are not looking to use external GPU’s, which most of us aren’t.
128GB SSD and a 2.5’’ SATA HDD 1TB hard disk. It's a nice combo. I recommend to create partition inside 1TB hard disk immediately so that no hassle for future but it really depends on you.
11.Design & Build quality
Stellar for the price. It is a little on a heavier side (2.5 kg body + 1 kg charger) which can limit portability if you are someone that are on the move all the time. So definitely not great to carry around all day. It is also quite a thick gaming laptop, but is again really good for cooling and keeping that temps down when playing demanding titles.
Under heavy load under long gaming periods the top of the keyboard can become a little hot (P.S. Don't try to over touch it really feels hot :D) but it's because of the metal build and it doesn't thermal throttle at all. Would recommend fans at full speed for gaming and cool boost on all time while gaming.
Just go and get it. Period.
By Sachin Vishwakarmaon
I Would say it was a mind blowing deal as I got it for only 69990 Rs. Ekart was very late on delivery as I was very excited for this I picked it up from the warehouse on my own.
The seal was already opened (I guess it may be for changing the Indian style power cable).
Value For Money If You can Get it Under 75k.
I choose 8th Gen i5 with 1060 because 8th Gen i7 generates More Heat so does the GTX1060. So with i5 + GTX1060 Atleast There will be less heat than i7 + 1060.
The Laptop looks very good top panel has aluminium finish with chamfered edges which gives it a very premium chrome look at edges. Keyboard has a nice layout but I found that the Arrow keys are too small so it will take some time to get used to of it.
It has static red back-light on keyboard which can only be ON & OFF. TrackPad is of plastic But gives a good feel to it and 95% accurate. It is using Windows Precision Drives which gives great response while using it. Click Buttons are little stiff but acceptable.
The Screen Quality is best in class though it is not much bright but for indoor usage it is a great Display.Viewing angles are too good no discoloration on viewing from sides. Bazels are little big but again acceptable.
1. NVIDIA GTX 1060.(Delivers Exceptional in game performance)
2. Great Display Quality.(60 Hz Display)
3. Laptop Build is very good.
4. Intel i5 8th Gen which gives 10% more power than the INTEL i7 7th Gen.
5. VR Ready.
6. 16 GB Ram.
7. 128 GB SSD.(Performs Really Well. BootUp Time is 6 to 10 seconds)
8. Faster WiFi.(Signal Reception Is Really Good)
9. Almost every current AAA Titles you can play at more than 60 fps.(Medium to High Settings)
10. Overclockable GPU (I won't Recommend as Heat Management on this laptop is not the best)
11. Coolboost technology enabled.
1. Yes It Does Heat.(In My case I found the max Temp was 70 - 85 Degree Celsius Gaming Almost 2 to 2.30 Hours there are solutions but on compromise with some performance)
2. USB Ports are outdated (2 x 2.0, 1 x 3.0, 1 x Type C with no thunderbolt support I would have been more happy if it would have more 3.0 and 3.1 ports)
3. Battery Lasts Only for 3 to 3.30 hours for heavy "Regular" task 45 mins to 1 Four while gaming And Almost 4 to 4.15 hours on normal usage.
4. The Included Predator Sense Software Kind of very basic. Acer can give more functionality like CPU Volt management.
5. The on Keyboard ARROW keys are very sophisticated with the number keys.
It is a great laptop no other manufacturer is giving GTX1060 at this price. Real Value For Money. I would highly recommend it.
By Jaskirat Singhon
product damaged on arrival and no replacement provided .