Asus VivoBook S14 Core i3 8th Gen - (8GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB.. Specifications
Laptop, Battery, Power Adaptor, User Guide, Warranty Documents
Processing & Multitasking
45 W AC Adapter
Ms Office Provided
2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost Upto 3.4 GHz
Intel Integrated UHD 620
Number Of Cores
Windows 10 Home
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Type C
1 x HDMI Port
Multi Card Slot
SD Card Reader
35.56 cm (14 inch)
1920 x 1080 Pixel
Full HD LED Backlit Wideview IPS Display
326 x 226 x 18.8 mm
Finger Print Sensor
Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
2 years manufacturer warranty
7 Days Replacement Policy - Replacement is accepted by the seller within 7 days of delivery, only if goods are damaged. In case you receive a different item, please highlight the issue within the 2 days of delivery. Cancellation not allowed.
By Flipkart Customeron
Overall, a very good package for the price.
By Mathew Kadavanon
I got this (Model S14 410UA) for Rs.40,990/- during the Flipkart sale. That's a flat Rs.13,000 discount. And for Rs.40,990 this laptop is a STEAL!
1. 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
2. Fingerprint reader is super quick (If the finger print reader is not recognizing your finger, remove all the saved fingers and set it up from the beginning)
3. Good keyboard backlighting
4. Keyboard is good to type on
5. Laptop stays cool most of the time
6. Port selection is lavish
7. Very lightweight and slim
8. Gold color looks great
9. Performance is good so far. I don't game on my laptop. Its just Microsoft office suite, Chrome, Mails, Movies and WhatsApp PC app.
10. Placement of the up/down/left/right arrow keys is good
11. Charging cable connector is 'L' shaped. Ergonomically this is a massive convince when you connect to your laptop.
12. BOOT speed is fantastic
13. 2 year on-site warranty
Neither Like nor Dislike:
1. Trackpad. Had some issues with the trackpad in the beginning so I reinstalled the trackpad driver from the Asus website and now it works fine. However, pinch to zoom is still slow and drops frame rate. Sensitivity is decent.
2. Screen is just OK. Should have been more bright and vivid
3. Keyboard and palm rest area flexes. Flex is massive, but not that annoying
4. Battery life is just OK. Will last you 4-5 hours
5. Overall build quality is again, OK
6. Little bit of fan noise even when the laptop is idle
1. Speakers. Absolutely RUBBISH and PATHETIC speakers. Volume is low and the sound cracks like crazy
2. My laptop has light bleed from the screen hinge area on the left side. It looks ugly at night. Must be a manufacturing defect with my laptop. Its a reflection of the keyboard light hitting the hinge for some WEIRD reason
3. No caps lock light. Trust me, it matters more than you know
4. Power button placed next to delete button. What were you thinking Asus!!
5. Webcam. Again, PATHETIC and ATROCIOUS
By Flipkart Customeron
Fast Delivery, in good condition, Nice Loving it...
By Saurav Duttaon
Love at first sight ??. Perfect student for Students
By Rajan Pandey on
+Amazing Design: 1.3kg weight and 1.8cm thickness which almost rivals Macbook.
+Great Quality: The lid is made of metal; but the chassis is made of plastic with metallic finish. Most of the other laptops at this price gives plastic lid as well.
+Crisp Display: It has 14" 1080p IPS LED display with great contrast, colors and viewing angles. It also gets a lot brighter!
+Small Bezels at the sides: 0.7cm bezels at both the sides, whereas 1.4cm bezel at the top and 2.4cm bezel at the bottom; which gives it a modern look.
+Backlit keyboard: White LEDs having 3 levels of intensity.
+Fingerprint Sensor: It's quick and registers the fingerprint 100% of the times if you place it finger correctly (which you won't do 10% of the times (: ). Will test it more and then edit the stats of this one.
+256 GB SSD! (Cant find this size of SSD paired with 8th Gen processor under this price range). For a 512GB SSD, you'll have to increase your budget to 75k!
+Boot time is around 7-8 seconds, thanks to the SSD.
+Great Battery: Lasted for 7-8 hours on web surfing over WiFi and coding.
+Fast Charge: It does charge from 0-60% in 50mins as Asus claims!
+Genuine Windows 10
+2 Years of Onsite Warranty: Instead of 1 year which is provided by most of the brands out there.
+Many Ports available: One USB 3.1 Type-C, One USB 3.1, Two USB 2.0, One HDMI,and One SD Card; which is great for such a thin laptop.
+ASUS IceCool Technology: The palm rest area, and the overall laptop, stays cool even after long hours of usage. The normal heat produced is usually at the bottom of the back of the chassis.
-Speaker Volume: The sound clarity is clear but the volume is too low. It'll be fine in a quiet room but it's useless in outdoor and noisy locations.
-Speaker Placement: It's placed at the bottom of the laptop. It'll be okay on a flat surface but will get suppressed on a soft surface like pillow or a bed.
-No extra RAM slot: The laptop cant be upgraded to 16GB RAM. If you want to do that, you'll have to remove the 8GB RAM and insert 16GB RAM instead.
-No LAN port
-WebCam: It has an extremely poor 480p VGA webcam.
-The Caps Lock button doesn't has any LED indicator.
#Delete button is near power the button. Need to be careful with that.
#No numpad: Can't even expect it in 14" laptop actually.
#Windows 10 1803 Fall Creators Update isn't installed by default. Need to update it.
#High Pixel Density problem: Screen size is 14" and it has 1920x1080p display. Hence the text, icons and overall screen would become too small for comfort. So by default, Windows has set the scaling to 150% so everything is zoomed in (and feels normal!). But the problem is that many old softwares which dont support high pixel density causes text and pictures to be slightly blurred (one such software which I found was Code::Blocks C++ IDE. Other powerful IDE and text editors like VS Code, Atom, IntelliJ, Android Studio works great).
#Light and Thin design: HDD, RAM, SSD are embedded in motherboard itself. You may require to replace the motherboard if anything goes wrong. It requires more care and precaution while using.
#No DVD Drive.
#It's not possible to open the laptop with one hand.
#The lid can wobble easily on flicking it. It might get troublesome in a moving vehicle like Bus.
#No MS Office built in.
#CyberLink Video Editor present built in.
#1 month of McAfee antivirus free trial present.
#Asus Bloatwares: It's less in number than many other laptops. All of them can be uninstalled. Many of them can be useful; like the product registration app, asus display color settings app, sound management app, battery management app etc.
# No dedicated GPU: Can't expect a dedicated GPU in a 1.3kg laptop anyway. The Integrated Intel UHD 620 is more than enough for everyday work. Paired with SSD, it can do 1080p video editing rendering.
#It's not made for gaming. Most of the games like Fortnite, GTA 5, Witcher 3 etc gives 20-25fps on Low settings.
The product was sold at 41k during sale (13k off) which is a steal. But, even for 54k price tag, it is a great deal!
Buy if: You want extreme portability, amazing design and display, long battery backup with fast charging, huge SSD (at this price) with 8th gen processor and a backlit keyboard!
Don't buy it if: You want to play AAA titles which came out after 2010, do 4K video editing (1080p video editing will be fine on this laptop, but I would recommend going up to the i5 8th Gen variant instead, or S15 variant with MX110), execute operations which depends upon the GPU (like video rendering, deep learning, cryptocurrency mining etc to name a few).