Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 8th Gen - (8GB/1 TB HDD.. Specifications
Laptop, Battery, Power Adaptor, User Guide, Warranty Documents
PH315-51 / PH315-51-51V7
Predator Helios 300
Gaming, Processing & Multitasking
Upto 7 hours
135 W AC Adapter
Ms Office Provided
Dedicated Graphic Memory Type
Dedicated Graphic Memory Capacity
2.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Upto 4 GHz
Upto 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti
Windows 10 Home
2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 (1st Gen) Type C
1 x HDMI Port (v2.0)
Multi Card Slot
SD Card Reader
39.62 cm (15.6 inch)
1920 x 1080 Pixel
Full HD LED Backlit IPS Display
Built-in Dual Speakers
Built-in Dual Digital Microphone
Stereo Speakers, Acer TrueHarmony Plus Technology, Optimized Dolby Audio Premium Sound Enhancement
Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN Ready
390 x 266 x 26.75 mm
Kensington Lock Slot
FineTip Backlit Keyboard with Independent Standard Numeric Keypad (International Language Support)
Multi Gesture Touchpad
Acer Care Center, Acer Portal, Acer Quick Access, Acer Configuration Manager
3220 mA Li-ion Battery, Dual Fan Cooling with Metal AeroBlade 3D, Metal Form Factor Designed
Awesome and beast
By Flipkart Customeron
First of all this laptop is a gaming beast best in price and everything with its competitors
Now i had few doubts regarding product because people said they got nitro in Acer body , they got nitro sense installed, packaging was poor
But everything was as expected nothing was messed up . i got predator sense installed ,specs were same and packaging was up to the mark ( i received predator box in a carton of Flipkart covered with bubble wrap that is more than enough i think asking more is wastage of resources)
the laptop is beast , it is fast and runs everything in ultra i played lots of games and all though it heats up best way is to max fan speed and use ac room then heating up wud be normal
the battery usage which people claim is okay in my opinion gaming consumes lot of battery and when i gamed on this laptop it lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours and when in normal use i got it 4-5 hours by keeping brightness to lowest
now coming to build quality it is top notch it feels so premium and all when i saw this laptop and it is really good in design even though the predator logo doesn't glow it doesn't matter to me cause the design is silver in colour so i could see it in night to though
Display is super awesome and i watched a 720p movie on it and it was so crisp and good it felt as if i was watching 1080p movie i wonder how good will 4K movies look on it
It is good for purchase and buy it without a thought it wont let you down i have been keeping tab on laptop prices for over 8 months and this laptop was my first crush on sight and i bought it when i saw these laptop prices were coming down on sale and all
The sound quality is fair to me but i say since it is gaming laptop so people use headphones or earphones so you cant complain there
Acer has done a good and awesome job at providing such good specs at 64K you cant ask for everything every competitors offering same specs is around 75k plus and that is their lower end model predator is acer pure top end gaming model so i wud prefer this at anytime and wud recommend to anyone who asks me which gaming laptop to buy
A small note please take extended warranty from acer site and also register your product as soon as you open it
I also put the sticker invoice on my warranty card immediately and also bought extended warranty next day and i got a confirmation from acer within minutes saying i got 3 years warranty now!
Coming back to people who say go for msi
Yes i agree msi is good and for gaming but in india it is not flourished and you will face issues with getting your laptop fixed and all
I have seen it and saying from personal experience but if you can handle that go for msi
Asus i dont trust after my friend faced so many issues with his laptop
Hp and dell are good but their laptops are way expensive and not point in putting money on them
One of major flaw in this laptop that people claim is finger print magnet . This laptop literally catches lot of finger print but it isnt a drawback i suggest make a small cloth of spectacle or something and use spectacle cleaner or colin by spraying some on the cloth and wiping it gently
And le voila finger prints are gone!!!
Inside the outer cardboard box of predator you will have secondary cardboard box carrying your laptop and one cuboidal box carrying your charger
There is a black envelope with predator logo and it has all your warranty details and usage guide ( it also has predator stickers in it)
P.s i wud still say when taking delivery check seal, open laptop and set it up and check specs and everything then only accept it cause Flipkart customer service is really poor and they wont help you one bit! So better check everything in front of delivery man and then accept than be sorry
But in all and all this laptop is best for everything and it is amazing i wud give it 10/10 perfect for every person who wants a gaming and a high processor laptop which can make high end application work
And FYI i5 8th gen is more faster and better than i7 7 th gen you can check it out on user benchmark so no point in going for older tech of 7th gen go for 8th gen
And for those who missed independence sale next sale will be in October the big billion day sale you can check google out and keep a tab on Flipkart sale it prices fall on every sale
Thank you for reading hope it helps
By Arun Guptaon
1. Plays all curent games easily even with core i5 CPU which is just sufficient for gaming.
8th Gen Core i7 is obviously an overkill for gaming !
2. Display screen is IPS and chasis is well protecting one so that even if you accidently hold or lift the laptop pressing it, it will not damage the screen
3. Backlit KB is simple and good. Not bad.
4. CPU is fast, screen brightness is not bad, sound is not loud, just ok. its ok for close distance movie watch. Sound is actually having that Atmos effect that surround effect. You will like and it enhances multiple folds when you switch on to the headphones.
5. Fan noise depends on game demand and it works quite efficiently to stop thermal throttling or to stop any stutter.
advice: if you want to avoid any issues as such then better play with coolboost on, Fans RPMs to highest and GPU overclocked to max.
No need of under volting the CPU.
atleast in my case I did not need it while playing TCGR Wildlands in ultra settings with texture details down to very high.
6. The CPU can easily handle 1060 6GB version also .. absolutely butter smooth.
7. SSD is very good if not best like I have in my other laptop. It boots windows 10 super fast in 3-5 secs. BUT SSD of 120G is a joke in this age of big data !!
8. Blue colour USB 3 port is only one and that is actually not expected from Acer.
9. There is no thunderbolt port either.
10. Good that it has a Type C USB 3.1 port what I have not used yet. :)
11. No expansion slots available for Storage upgrades ..
Yes you may upgrade Ram as it has one slot waiting.
12. Pricing and value for buck: Outstanding Purchase Thank you to Flipkart for effective price of Re 54990 in Big Billion Sale.
13. All in all its my first Gaming laptop purchase ..
Previous one I still have is Samsung NP550P5CS06IN with me which also worked good for almost 5 years now.
Last comment : It's the best laptop at its price of 54990 .. I wanted to buy Asus Fx504 but heard that it has big time thermal throttling issues so cancelled order at right time to order this Lappy.
If you like this honest review you know what to do.
If you like me to suggest you any configuration for PC or laptop do get in touch with me arun_4uece ... at redddiff mail dott com you know how to correct email addresses. :)
Good product, Overheating can be fixed
By Spandan sinhaon
Got it for 64k in sale and 1050ti for this price is excellent.
1 ) Excellent display: Handsdown the best display in a budget laptop.
2) Snappy with minimum boot time: On in 5 seconds thanks to the ssd.
3 ) 1050ti is sufficient for all modern day AAA titles( go for gtx 1060 laptops if you want future proofing)
4) Sturdy and not that heavy
1) Thermals are poor to say the least: CPU Reaches 100 degrees Celsius on gaming which causes thermal throttling and you will face severe frame drops making games unplayable at times.(Can be fixed with some tweaks)
2) Speakers are average
3) Battery life is satisfactory : 3.5 hrs on normal usage(can be fixed as well )
Fixing thermal issues******
1) Join the group "Acer Predator Helios 300" on FB and go through the pinned post regarding fixing thermal issues by undervolting cpu and gpu. It worked for me and I was able reduce the temperature to below 75 degrees without any loss in performance. Using the same fix I was able to improve battery life to 5-6 hours on normal use.
Note: Undervolting and Underclocking is different as the latter reduces performance.
2) Thermal repasting: Get your laptop registered in the Acer website to avail free service while in warranty. The thermal paste for cpu and gpu gets dried up if the laptop is not used for a long time. So call the customer care ASAP and get the laptop repasted. Don't be fooled by it being a new laptop, get it repasted immediately in case the temperature rises above 90 degrees.
3) Set the fan speed to max in the predator sense app when gaming to further control temperatures.
By Gaurav Mishraon
I will describe various aspects of this so-called Gaming Laptop.
1. Build Quality: Perfect.
It uses all those surfaces with Aluminium(Metal) finish which are on top. I mean the out front surface and keyboard chassis.
The bottom and screen surfaces are of good build quality Plastic. Having a metal surface is good for the build but be careful if you don't have a connection to the ground in your home or office power supply. However, It feels premium for a laptop with a metal finish.
Aluminium is having the brushed pattern that makes it more eye-catching but also it has the problem of fingerprint magnet which means you can easily get your fingerprints on the metal surfaces which is going to be every time whenever you will use its keyboard by resting your palm. Those cannot be removed easily.
2. Hardware Specs: Excellent
Having such configuration makes it a good for Multitasking, Video editing, gaming. Good for software who need more RAM and Processing capability. Intel's i5 8th Gen(Specially 8300H) is perfect for power users and i7(8750H) will be better. Nvidia's 10 Gen Graphic Processors (1050TI here) with 4GB DDR5 RAM are good for any AAA games to play and 1060 will be better. It uses 4GB additional shared Memory so we can say that it has 8GB of Graphics Memory. Having an Intel's Graphic's Processor for light using makes it excellent because of this 1050Ti get awake only when you are Gaming and Video editing or Image processing it means having this beast most of the time idle makes it more battery efficient. 8300H i5 is 20% better than 7700HQ i7 and 60% better than 7300HQ i5.
3. Battery: Good
You are not gonna get a good battery backup during Game-play because the beast(1050Ti) get awake but during light uses it has a good battery backup and even using Windows 10 Battery Saver Mode makes it better. I have not calculated the time yet but on battery saving mode it can run the Laptop for 3 to 4 Hours(depends on what application you are running).
4. Display: Better
Having an IPS Panel with matte finish is always better. Excellent viewing angles beware with parents standing near to you they will gonna see all the stuff you are running from the side :-P
Full HD(1920x1080 or 1080p) screen is enough. The refreshing rate is good for gaming which is 60Hz. Maybe we can change the panel with 144Hz refresh rate later, but I am not sure about this.
5. I/O: Good
2x2.0 USB ports, 1x3.0 USB and 1xUSB Type-C(missing the Thunderbolt support) and a 2.0 HDMI are not enough but good for a laptop, be sure it is not a desktop. You can use external USB Hub. The keyboard is good, The trackpad is good as it has both click buttons integrated which I do not recommend but it increases the area which is good here. For gaming, a mouse is recommended.
cons: Missing a Predator glowing logo on front. I will add more pros and cons later.
Excellent budget gaming laptop
By Chaitanya Gubbalaon
It is the most beautiful and excellent going laptop I have seen for such a low cost.